Mental Health Support

Useful Contact Details

Sometimes we need a bit more help. If you or anyone in your family or friendship group are experiencing mental health problems or need support, there are lots of places you can go to for help.

Here are the contact details for some organisations which you may find useful.


Telephone: 116 123 (24 hours a day, free to call)
Email:   Website:
Provides confidential, non-judgmental emotional support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those that could lead to suicide. You can phone, email, write a letter or in most cases talk to someone face to face. 

Mind Infoline 

Telephone: 0300 123 3393 (9am-5pm Monday to Friday)
Email:  Web site:
Mind provides confidential mental health information services. With support and understanding, Mind enables people to make informed choices. The Infoline gives information on types of mental distress, where to get help, drug treatments, alternative therapies and advocacy. Mind also has a network of nearly 200 local Mind associations providing local services. 

Rethink Mental Illness Advice Line 

Telephone: 0300 5000 927 (10am-2pm Monday to Friday) Email:  Website: 

Provides expert advice and information to people with mental health problems and those who care for them, as well as giving help to health professionals, employers and staff. Rethink also runs Rethink services and groups across England and Northern Ireland. 


Telephone: 0845 767 8000 (6pm-11pm)  Website: 

Saneline is a national mental health helpline providing information and support to people with mental health problems and those who support them. 

The Wellbeing Cafe

5.30 to 7pm on Wednesdays in the Kay Hitch Community Centre, Histon CB24 9YR 

A relaxed and non-judgemental space to find friendship, support and learn new things.


Telephone: 0800 1111
Email: Website: 

ChildLine is a private and confidential service for children and young people up to the age of nineteen. You can contact a ChildLine counsellor for free about anything – no problem is too big or too small. 

Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Children and Young People Mental Health Support

In a crisis: if the person seems really unwell, and you’re worried about their safety, you should encourage them to seek help from their GP or their Community Mental Health team if they are already referred to them, or in an emergency situation use A&E

If you’re within Cambridge and Peterborough CPFT call 111 option 2 in a crisis